Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Silent Blade Blog Tour Review





Hello everyone! I am honored to have been a beta reader for Jesseca Wheaton at the  'Whimsical Writings'  blog. This book releases on the 22nd of this month, and I am so excited for Jesseca! 






Synopsis
Dromiskin, Ireland. 925 A.D.



Eira has no greater desire than to see her life returned to what it once was—before her older brother Kevin's sudden disappearance four years earlier. But the simple life she hoped for seems unattainable; on the contrary, her life is about to get all the more complicated.
When she suddenly finds herself and Willem, her twin brother, taken captive by someone who claims to be Kevin’s enemy, things go from bad to worse. It soon becomes clear that she and Willem are to
 become bait in a trap set for Kevin, and Eira knows she must try to warn him. But how, when she herself is a captive?
As mysteries of the past are unveiled, and loyalties are revealed, Eira realizes how precious her friends truly are. And when mortal danger threatens those nearest to her, will she be able to trust God with
 the lives of her friends and family?


Add to Goodreads






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My Review~~~~~~~~~~~
     I've really enjoyed reading this book! (I read it twice) The author made the characters real; as if the story were taking place in my living room as I read.  The descriptions were great and made you feel as if you were with  the characters on the shores of Ireland.  You couldn't help but grow to love Eira's head strong and bubbly attitude or Willem's easygoing yet protective manner. I was actually sad to have to say goodbye to all of them.
This is a story of love, courage, revenge, family, forgiveness, and the realization that Jesus is in control of everything, even when we feel like it's all falling apart.

I found myself wanting more information about Anna, and what she was thinking about through out the book. And I would have to say the same thing about their parents. How were they coping with the fact that their two youngest children and oldest son are in grave danger, and they can't do anything about it?  I might have also liked a few flashbacks from Kevin. What was his and Merek's friendship really like? 
      Anyway, the thing I enjoyed the most is that the main characters were consistently lead by the Holy Spirit in their decisions. I think that is what stuck out to me the most.




About the Author
Jesseca is an 18-year old daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading,cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. Andwriting, of course! At an early age words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state 
of Kansas, and she’s convinced there’s no place like home. 




Blog tour Schedule

Wednesday, July 20th

Mikayla H.at The Bubblegum Ballerina --Review
Blessings Counter at Counting your Blessings One by One --Author Interview
Ivy Rose at  Lakeside Publications --Review, Spotlight
Mallory Beth at Renewed by Grace --Review

Thursday, July 21st

Lydia Dyslin at Through the Wardrobe --Review
Rebekah Eddy at Rebekah’s Remarks --Review, Interview
Abigayle Allison at The Left-Handed Typist --Review, Spotlight

Friday, July 22nd (Publication Day!!) 

Blessings Counter at Counting your Blessings One by One --Review
Rebekah Ashleigh at Rebekah Ashleigh --Spotlight
Amanda Tero at  With a Joyful Noise --Review, Interview, Spotlight
Deborah O’Carroll at The Road of a Writer –Review, Spotlight
Kaitlyn K. at Prairie Gal Cookin’ --Review, Spotlight
Bethany R. at A Great God and Good Cocoa --Review, Spotlight
Deborah C. at Reading in June --Spotlight, Review
Emily at A Purpose and a Promise --Spotlight, Review


Saturday, July 23rd

Kellyn Roth at Reveries--Review, Interview
Jason McIntire at Elisha Press--Interview
Natasha H. at Looking Through my Lens --Review
Faith P. at Stories by Firefly --Review, Interview

Monday, July 25th

Jesseca Wheaton at Whimsical Writings --Blog Tour wrap-up post



I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.
~Mallory O'Steen

P.S. I couldn't get the give away link to work, so I put it on the left hand side of my blog. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Mallory! ^_^ It made me smile. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the book! You read it twice?! Wow, that's a compliment!
    And thanks also for being a part of the blog tour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you read the book twice? That is so cool. I didn't know about it until toward the end of the blog tour, but then I bought the book and now I'm looking through the different posts from the tour. :)
    Aidyl from Noveltea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments! They are very much appreciated. Please remember while commenting to keep your words wholesome and respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment that does not follow these guidelines. Thank you!